Sunday, October 30, 2005

An after thought


Returning home, the first question I got from just about everybody was: so how was Nepal and Tibet? This got me thinking, yes, how was it? I cannot answer the question easily.

The truth is: it was not as contemplative as I hope it would be. Perhaps it is me who does not think hard enough. Or perhaps that is the whole point: to just go through it without thinking too much. Perhaps it is God’s way of saying: “darling, you’re thinking too much. Just walk on and enjoy life.”

But I cannot stop thinking. It is just the way I am.

If there is one lesson to learn, it is the fact that I should be, and I am, thankful of what I have.

For the body and how it managed to physically endure all the walking, load carrying, and changes of weather.

For the soul and how it could emotionally endure all the fatigue, changes in the plan and differences among friends. It is amazing how every step we took, every stranger we met, every view we encountered can be a hands-on lesson on life. No such thing as coincidence.

I am surely thankful for all the companion and friends I have during my trip. I could not possibly go through it on my own. I could not think of a better bunch of people to share this with. (Though I might have one or two other person(s) in mind to add to the group ☺)

And for the family and friends to go home to.

How can I not be thankful with all the blessings I have in life. Though sometimes I need to think hard before I can understand God’s plan for me. I still don’t have a good grasp of the big plan but what the heck. It’s an eternal journey for me. A pilgrim for life.

ps: thanks also for the Mavericks who have provided me with this to-die-for ipod shuffle. You could not imagine how entertaining it could be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacob Mathai said...

An open doorway ... I like that.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Ira Lathief said...

Wah..how great! I envy you....saya jg pingin banget ke Tibet..liat pemandangannya, liat org2nya, dan semuanya! Tp entah kapan bisa kesana....

7:27 PM  
Blogger Eva.M said...

Hai Ira -- Bisa kok Ra ke sana. Mungkin lebih cepat dari yang Ira kira ;)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home