Sunday, October 30, 2005

It started off very simple


As it always does.

Bumping into an old friend. Once. Twice. Three times. Hmm. Then we got off talking and Nepal was in the conversation. Then an SMS: shall we proceed with our wish to travel to Nepal? Then another SMS to another friend: or would you like to come with me to Nepal? Then another friend wanted to come along. The rest is history. Pictorial history that is.

So why Nepal out of all the places in the world? I don’t even consider that a question. How can one not want to go to Nepal and Tibet? The roof-top of the world. A center of global spiritualism. Origins of some of the oldest religions in the world. Breathtaking sceneries. Rich culture and tradition. The list goes on yet the question popped up. Oh well.

The trip was one of those “there is always a first for everything”. And for me this is the first for a lot of things. To travel to the likes of Nepal and Tibet. To travel for one whole month. With three trekker-wannabe dear friends: Arthur, Chitra, Intan. Twenty-four bloody hours times thirty days together. Got to be selective. I was. And lived to enjoy it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Professor Smile said...

Gosh, that reminds me so much of my own trip through China, Tibet and Nepal in 1986!
I had exactly the same sort of thoughts and attitude.
It was a voyage of discovery that remains to this day one of the greatest things I have done in my life.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home